Sunday, May 12, 2013

First MTC Email!

April 22, 2012

From what we had heard, it would be at least 10 days before we would hear from our missionary. Because we knew that Sister Lewis would only spend 10 days in the MTC, we weren't sure how that was going to work out. We were happily surprised to hear from her only 5 LOONNGG days later! So without further ado - Sister Lewis' first letter:


Dear Family,
Just in case you were wondering, I am still alive. (do not laugh at me for writing weird, this keyboard decided to have a personality, which is why I am not using any contractions or colons, etc.) This last week has been a total roller coaster of emotions. The first day, I barely had any time to unpack, which was okay because I realized that I could probably not get everything unpacked-our room is NOT bigger on the inside! I am having trouble having time getting ready in the morning. I am super tired all the time. I do not want you to worry about me too much though, I am doing better now.  Also, there will be a lot more specifics in my handwritten letter to you, mostly because I was writing it before e-mailing you since all of the computers were being used.

 Anyway, Heavenly Father is sending me tons of tender mercies. The moment I got in the MTC, another sister had gotten there late as well. Her name is Sister Mims and she is from Texas and has the CUTEST accent and says the funniest things! It was really nice to be with some one with so much spunk because it helped me to take my mind off of things.

I saw Sister Grigg the first day and have seen Sister Roubicek multiple times! I have also seen Sister Loveless. I have been having lots of fun- my companion and my roommates are awesome. One of my roommates and I figured out that we lived at Kerr hall our first semester! So that was pretty cool. Her name is Sister Morgan, and I also found out that she is a Doctor Who fan! So that is fun. My companion is Sister Landeen and she is from Riverton, Utah. She likes playing basketball and a whole bunch of other sports. We are teaching an investigator named Claudia, and that is super great. We just taught her about the restoration, and it went really well!

I am really homesick, and I want to cry every day, but I know that I am supposed to be here. Thank you for your prayers-I do not know what I would do without them. Please please please continue writing me. I love hearing from you. I leave for Kentucky on the 29 and good news, I get to call you from the airport in Salt Lake before I get on the plane to go to Kentucky! Tell Parker that I like hiking, play volleyboll...all those things are my favorite things to do. Every. Day. Give dad a big hug for me and tell him that I love him. I love love love you SO much and thank you for the yummy cinnamon rolls! Let me know if you want more details in my next e-mail.

                                                          Love, Sister Lewis 
XOxooXxoo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment