Dear family,
Hi, my mom! I love you so so much. :) Okay, first of all I am such a NERD because I forgot to wish you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY when we were skyping!! I felt SO BAD. Hopefully you won't disown me. So happy belated Mother's day! :)
To answer your questions - we do have required service hours per week (I think it's 3), but we are having SO MUCH trouble finding things to do for community service. You'd think that in a town like Shepherdsville, we'd be able to find something to do, but no. I'm sure we'll find something, but no luck yet.
Anyway, we're also working on new ways to find people. We've come up with a pretty good list, but we'll have to ask President W about it.
Tell Aunt Mignon I love her and am SO glad that she is having fun!! Tell her thank you for the sweet notes from everybody (she'll know what I mean). They helped a lot.
When I read the part in your e-mail about Sister Hillman's baby, I squealed and giggled. SO CUTE!! I'm glad that you had a good mother's day.
Today we're planning to teach the S family (S and her family) how to have a family home evening! We're so excited. The other day we talked to them about faith, and told them the story of Nephi praying for strength to break the cords after Laman and Lemuel tied him up. They LOVED the story and asked us if we could talk about it more next time. We are GOING to invite them to be baptized, we just don't know when. Hopefully soon.
Oh, by the way, after we left the H family (the members house that we were skyping at) we went to go visit some less-actives (with not much success, since it seemed like everybody was just about to leave or already gone when we got there). So we went tracting, and ended up talking to some really awesome people. We asked one lady if she'd be interested in having a copy of the Book of Mormon and she was like, "sure!" But we forgot to make an appointment to come back and visit with her. GAH. It's a learning process.
Thanks for all your love and support and your prayers. I'm trying really hard to stay focused. Pray for me to stay focused, and to not get discouraged.
I love you so much and I was so glad to see your faces yesterday.
Love, Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment