Dear family & friends,
I got lots of e-mails today and it made me happy!
Right now, for service hours, we've tried looking for a food bank, battered women's shelter, etc and have found NOTHING. So pray that we will be able to find a service opportunity.
We're also trying to think of new ways to find people, because tracting is not very effective, but we have to get in at least 5 hours a week, so it's necessary. Other than that, we don't really have other "finding activities". We are trying harder to talk to EVERYONE though, so hopefully that will help.
(Ashleigh's mom here - Something I didn't know. Missionaries are encouraged to play hard on their P-Day. They have a lot to do on that day: write letters, laundry, grocery shop, clean, but they are encouraged to sightsee and play as well. That's why she is at this forest and in jeans :)
Today was so awesome!! We went to Bernheim Forest today- look it up on the internet, it is SO AWESOME. Idk how to describe it except that it's kind of like the Clovis Botanical garden, except HUGE. There are trees EVERYWHERE!
"The sculpture thingy at Bernheim Forest!"
![]() |
| "Me standing inside the sculpture thingy at Bernheim Forest! |
Sister H and I are going to buy bikes sometime this week or next week. We realized that we've been using a lot of miles this month and we don't want to go over, so we are probably going to have bikes just in case.
I love my companion. There are times when I get emotional or she gets emotional, but we are having so much fun. She makes me laugh. :)
I got the pictures that you attached to your e-mail--Riley is SO PRETTY!! And I'm SO excited for Kara! Kiss and hug her and Tori for me. (friends - Riley got married and Kara and Tori leaving on their missions)
Oh! Also, Sister H really likes some of the songs on my ipod-ones that you downloaded from youth.lds.org. If you could put a couple of them on a cd for her, that would be great. The songs she likes are called, "Mountains to Climb" by Erin Thomas; "While We're Young" by Russ dickson (? Idk if that's the name of the artist, but that's what it sounds like whenever I press the little button to tell me what the song is and who is singing it). Don't worry about getting it off to me soon, I just wanted to put that in your brain.
Tell everyone I love them and give everyone hugs for me!
Oh! Did you look on the back of the pictures I sent you? I had little blurbs on the back of them.
OH! and I totally forgot to tell you the funniest story. So on Saturday, we were invited to 2 birthday parties!! It was crazy. And they took up most of our day, which was okay, but we only got to teach like one lesson that day. We were kind of frustrated and also a little creeped out because there was this creeper guy at the S house when we were teaching them - ew. Don't worry- Sister S got her mama bear claws out and protected us.
Anyway, so we were feeling kind of down and we had like 30 mins left before curfew, so we decided to go contact people in a parking lot. So we walked around a little and finally found this guy sitting against his car. We asked what he was up to and a couple of questions about himself and we found out that he was 19, and he was going to graduate from high school in a couple of days. To make a long story short, he asked us about our religion and what we did as missionaries, and if we were normal (like if we drove cars and not horse and buggy-we laughed at that) and then he was like, do you guys go on dates? And we were like, "uh, well yeah, but not as missionaries". So then we told him about the Book of Mormon and asked him if he would be interested in a copy and I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something to the effect of "No, but I would be interested in a date."
Needless to say, we said that we couldn't go out on a date. But Sister H and I were laughing all the way home. It made our day.
Anyway, this e-mail is already way longer than I intended it to be, but I wanted to tell you that story. Love you so much!
Love, Sister Lewis
Oh! P.S: Whenever possible, tell the missionaries that you would be willing to come with them to an appointment. Having a member present during a lesson is SO crucial because it helps an investigator feel more comfortable in coming to church (when the missionaries invite them).


No comments:
Post a Comment