Monday, August 5, 2013

Chiggers, and bed bugs, and ticks, Oh my!

June 10, 2013


Dear family and friends, 


Soo, from the subject line you can probably tell-I've had plenty of adventures this week. So on Thursday, we decided to go tracting in the country-ish area of Shepherdsville. There were grass and trees everywhere which equals home for the ticks. And I kept telling Sister H that if anybody was going to get one, it would be me. And my thought came true-I got a tick! Yay! And you know me-I freaked out a bit. Don't worry-Sister H got it out. I also called Sister W and the Doctor that's over the mission and they told me what I needed to watch for in the next couple of days in order to know if I have Lyme disease. They said that I'll be fine. I'm still a little worried about it, but not as much now that I know what to look for. 

This last week has been a bit stressful-I haven't known who I'm going to be put with or if I'm moving to another area. Yesterday we got transfer phone calls, and Sister H is being transferred to Richmond, Kentucky! She will be on bikes and will be "white-washing" the area (ask dad what that means). (He didn't know what it meant so if anyone out there does, please let us know :) So, sad that she is leaving, but excited for the new experiences she will have. 

Soo, there's a lot of stuff on my mind and I'm just going to say it without putting it in order. So buckle up.

I've been dealing with a lot of feelings of frustration-mostly with myself. It's been really hard because I feel like I don't know anything because I'm a newbie. And it's hard because Sister Heywood feels the same way and knows just as much or a fraction more of what I know. 

I've been frustrated with the things that I don't know yet, basic things that I SHOULD know by now. Knowing where people live, how to get there, and more. Idk really how to explain in detail, but I know that I need to be better-I just don't know how or where to start. 

Anyway, so all of those feelings have been building up this whole week and on Friday, at district meeting I asked some of the elders if they could give me a blessing. And that helped a lot. And then on Saturday, we had an exchange with the sister training leaders, Sister M and Sister V. I stayed in Shepherdsville with Sister M and it was really good, but the whole day I was driving and it was frustrating because I didn't know where to go and didn't know how to figure that out. 

Anyway, the day went on. At the end of the day, I talked to Sister M. She could tell I was frustrated and stressed and she asked me about it. And so I told her everything I was feeling, and she talked to me and told me that most of the things that I was saying that I didn't know would come as I practiced them over and over again, like knowing what to say in the lessons or knowing how to get to where people live. She said that she understood why I was frustrated. She also told me the things that I was doing well and some things that I could work on, but she mostly just told me that I didn't need to worry. 

These are just a couple of the tender mercies that Heavenly Father has given me this week. 

As for our investigators, we have had a few of setbacks but I know that things will get better. R came to church yesterday, yay! And we just picked up a former investigator named J and she is SO adorable and SO golden! She was visiting with the sisters, had a baptism date, but then some things happened. We just started teaching her again the other day! Hooray! She is so amazing-she has read the whole Book of Mormon and has started reading it again! 

We're really excited because we know that Heavenly Father has so many blessings in store for us and especially for our investigators. 

Anyway, enough about me. I was so happy to see Parker's graduation pics-he looks way too grown-up! Question: what was the green tassel thingy around his neck for? (Parker was one of the first graduates of the Energy Academy at Buchanan High School - hence the green tassel thingy) Anyway, tell him I am so proud of him. :) 

Also thank you SO much for the package! I LOVE the skirts you picked out-they are both super cute-and the shorts. Also, the bags you sent me are perfect. My shoulder is praising your name right now. :) Also, the quotes were exactly the ones I wanted! I may ask you to send me more. 

Tell dad not to worry about me getting distracted with the GPS. I promise to be careful-I just can't pull over and use it because it tells (yes, it talks to me) me what turns to make as I am driving. And that no it is not in violation of mission rules.

I don't know who my new companion will be, but I know that she'll probably be one of the sisters that I came out here with. So that's exciting! 

Thank you for all your love and support and your wonderful e-mails and letters and packages. Thank you for your prayers-they help so much. I love you all so so much! 

Love, Sister Lewis :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment