Dear everyone,
I have so much to tell you. Heavenly Father has blessed us with many miracles- including one that I've been wanting so badly.
I don't remember if I told you about them, but the S family is progressing so much. They have been reading scriptures and praying together as a family and last week, we felt like we needed to and asked them to be baptized. They said yes! They are going to be baptized on July 20, and we are so excited.
Anyway, so we invited them to go to church with us this Sunday, and they said that they wanted to go, but L said she might have work that day. We told her that if they asked Heavenly Father to provide a way for them to get to church, that He would.
So a couple of days went by and we visited them again (I don't remember what day it was). I don't remember exactly what happened, but we started talking about church during the lesson and W looked at L and said, "Did you tell them?" And then L said that she had a testimony of the Lord providing a way because she got a call and they said that she didn't need to work on Sunday (the building was being closed to work on installing the air conditioning). And she said that they were going to come to church this week (they came yesterday).
I smiled so big when she said that, and I know truly that the Lord does provide a way for us to keep His commandments. We are so excited for them as they are drawing nearer and nearer to baptism. It brings tears to my eyes when I think that they will be able to have this happiness in their life. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for that.
So that's a long story, but I wanted to tell you about that. I really wish you could meet them-they are like my family away from you all.
I really love my companion, Sister S, and am so grateful for Heavenly Father putting us together.
I am so glad to hear that you are having fun up at Mammoth Pools. Love the pics, by the way.
Thank you for your prayers and all of your encouragement. I really appreciate that. Keep being good member missionaries - tell the full-time missionaries that you are available to go on appointments with them! They will love that!
I love you all so much. :)
Love, Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment