Dear family and friends,
I LOVE my new companion Sister S! She is from Washington and she is awesome. I already feel like we are best friends. :)
I finally feel like I am working really hard - we tracted for two and a half hours yesterday, and I had SO much fun doing it! It didn't even seem that long.
Sister S has been out the same amount of time that I have been out - she came on the plane to Kentucky with me. She has been so great because she knows how frustrated I get with myself and is so encouraging and helpful.
This week has been kind of frustrating and rewarding. We are teaching J, one of our investigators, the commandments and are drawing closer to his baptism on June 29th. We are really excited for him and he is SO ready!
On the flip side, I'm trying to learn patience. I'm having trouble knowing how to help investigators progress, while still keeping in mind that they have their agency.
However, I feel like we are having a little more success in finding new people to teach - we are working really hard, but Sister S is good at helping us to keep a good cheerful attitude while we are doing it. The time flies by when you are having fun.
Dad - "bad weather" is an understatement! We had a thunderstorm yesterday and almost got struck by lightning a few times - not really, but that's how scary it was. However, it cleared up after a bit, so that was good. Don't worry, we were safe :)
Dad - "bad weather" is an understatement! We had a thunderstorm yesterday and almost got struck by lightning a few times - not really, but that's how scary it was. However, it cleared up after a bit, so that was good. Don't worry, we were safe :)
Thank you for your words of love and encouragement. Your letters and emails are wonderful and help me gain perspective about tough situations. I love you all!
Love, Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment