Dear family & friends,
Love love LOVE the pictures you sent me-Parker looks all grown up and so handsome.
Sister H and I have had lots of adventures since I talked to you last, haha!
So last week, we were tracting one day and one minute it was sprinkling and then the next it was pouring. Needless to say, we were SOAKING WET after it stopped. And then it was all sunny and happy. Oh, and we had no luck on tracting either-one lady opened her door and we started to introduce ourselves and she was like, "Sorry, you can keep going". We thought that was pretty funny especially because we must have looked ridiculous standing out in the pouring rain.
![]() |
| "This is me soaking wet after it rained." (I love that you can still see the raindrops on her name badge) |
On Saturday, we went to meet with a recent convert (Brother C) and teach him the lessons again with a member. We met at our ward mission leader's house, Brother D-who we LOVE, by the way- and in the middle of our lesson, Brother D pulls up in his tractor after a long day of splitting wood. Sister H asked Brother D if she could split wood cause she had never done it before and of course, Brother Decker said yes. I didn't do it though, because most of the logs were bigger than me. Haha.
Then, yesterday we decided that we were going to walk all day because we pretty much have like 100 miles left for our monthly mile allotment. And I was stupid and forgot to put sunscreen on before we left. I didn't get too sunburned, though. Also for some reason I decided that I wasn't going to wear socks because all of mine were dirty, which ended up being the stupidest idea ever because now I have blisters all over my feet. Yay!
So those are the adventures I wanted to tell you about. Sorry they're really long. Now here comes the good news! Yesterday we met a lady while we were tracting in one of our investigator's neighborhoods, and although she wasn't interested in the gospel, we found out that she is on the board of directors for seven counties! Idk exactly what it is, but they organize service for different places including the county that we're in! So, we asked her if there was anything we could do to help, since we've been looking for service and she said she'd give us a call! Also, she does all the yard work around her house because her husband is disabled, so we told her to give us a call and we'd come and help her with yard work! YAYYY! Such a blessing. :)
More good news: we had Y (one of our investigators) come to church on Sunday! She said that she liked it and that she is DEFINITELY going to come next week. So yay!!
Oh! We also think we found a family to teach! That happened yesterday while we were tracting.
Heavenly Father is definitely pouring blessings out upon us, and I think it's because we are working a lot harder.
Okay. So now I will answer your questions.
About the twig thingy at Bernheim-yes, we did get to see it and we walked through it and took pictures!
I was so excited to hear about Parker getting his eagle! Tell him I'm so proud of him.
Oh oh oh! We had zone conference this past week, and our mission president suggested that we try signing up for giving speeches at the funerals at the funeral homes because sometimes people don't have someone to give speeches. So we're going to do that this week.
Thanks so much for your encouraging e-mails and letters and your prayers. They are definitely helping a lot. Thanks for the packages - you are a lifesaver. I love you so so much and I am having a lot of fun here. It's a bit stressful and kind of frustrating, but I know that the only way it'll get better is if I forget myself and work hard. We're still trying to find people to teach-and I know as we seek, we will find.
Oh oh oh! P.S: This part is for dad. We got a referral from one of our investigators-a lady named M. She doesn't speak a lick of english, only spanish and she is from...wait for it...Guadalajara!! (Reed served HIS mission in Guadalajara, Mexico) I wish that you were here because I KNOW you'd be able to understand her. I only remember a little bit of Spanish, enough to understand what people are saying, but not enough to speak complete sentences. Anyway, she mentioned that she was moving to Washington, but she said that her son needed help. So we went to visit him and gave him a Book of Mormon. :) Yay!
Oh oh oh! P.S: This part is for dad. We got a referral from one of our investigators-a lady named M. She doesn't speak a lick of english, only spanish and she is from...wait for it...Guadalajara!! (Reed served HIS mission in Guadalajara, Mexico) I wish that you were here because I KNOW you'd be able to understand her. I only remember a little bit of Spanish, enough to understand what people are saying, but not enough to speak complete sentences. Anyway, she mentioned that she was moving to Washington, but she said that her son needed help. So we went to visit him and gave him a Book of Mormon. :) Yay!
Anyway, I love all y'all and am so happy here. I wish I could tell you everything, but then this letter would be way longer. Thanks for all you do.
Love, Sister Lewis

No comments:
Post a Comment