Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"We just love you missionaries!"

July 8, 2013

Dear everyone,

This week has been crazy, but I want to tell you about yesterday because it was amazing. First of all, we've been getting to know the young couple that just moved into our branch - the P family - and we LOVE THEM! They are so fun and nice and had us over for dinner last night. Then Sister P was like, "We just love you missionaries. You are pretty much the coolest ever." And then she said that they had talked about it and decided to have us over for dinner on Sunday every week if we want. Isn't that so sweet?! Gah. I can't even explain to you how awesome they are. 

We also had a really cool experience with learning how to work with the spirit. So Sister S and I had no idea where to go, and so we prayed. Then we felt like we needed to go to a street that we had some potentials on, and they didn't work out. So we went to visit a less active, and she was busy. And then we prayed again and asked where we should go or who we should visit. We had the craziest idea ever-Sister S felt like we needed to go to the grocery store parking lot and contact people - which is weird because that is the only thing that scares her. So we went there and everybody that we tried to talk to was rejecting us! And we were like, "Okay, so why did we feel like we needed to go here?" We decided to think for a minute. Then Sister S said, "Let's try the other end of the parking lot." So we walked over there more slowly so we wouldn't miss anybody. And then the coolest thing happened. We passed by a car with tinted windows and Sister S was like, "Sister, go knock on the window and talk to that guy in there." And I was thinking, "Sister, you are CRAZY if you think I'm going to do that." But I did. I don't even really remember what I said to him, but I asked him about the Book of Mormon and then the words just flowed. I ended up asking him to read the Book of Mormon if we gave him a copy, and he said he would. 

It was the coolest experience because I know that at that moment, Heavenly Father was using me as an instrument for what he wanted to tell this man. Sister S and I learned that the Spirit works through us when we are willing to work, and we slow down (and listen). And that was so cool. Look up D&C 100:5-8

I have been finding that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Bible is growing as I have been really focusing on them in my studies. I love it!

Sister S and I have seen so many blessings as we have been working hard. I am learning a lot about the work and about myself. There are always little struggles but I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and that He loves us so much. :) 
 
Thank you all for your support. I really love and appreciate all that you do. 

Love, Sister Lewis

Soo, one more thing: I found a video that I wanted you to watch on Mormon.org. Search for Athelia Lesueur and watch her video. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment