Hi, you mom and family and friends
I did get Aunt Mignon's package and I LOVED it! It was so cute and it came at the perfect time, so give her big hugs and tell her thank you and 'I love you' from me. :)
So, sad day, the clothes washer in our apartment is doing something funky because for some reason every once in a while I get dark brown spots ALL over my whites! And the other day, I washed my red skirt because it had grease spots on it, and it not only did not really get rid of the grease, but it now has dark brown dots on it as well. So idk really what to do about that, but if you have a solution let me know! Sister H let me use her stain stick on them, but it didn't really work. I might send my red skirt home to you, because I don't really have time to worry about it right now.
I really liked the pictures you sent me- the pictures of Tiger sleeping and Parker, Ethan, and Drew's squirt gun war were cute and they made me giggle. :)
Things are going okay. We are still struggling with finding new investigators, but Sister H and I have decided that we are going to be a lot more proactive in talking to people. I'm trying to be more patient with myself. I am frustrated though, because I still have no idea where to get places. By the way, I need you to send me a GPS, because I know I'm going to get lost without it. (We did send one. It's one of our favorite cute things about our daughter :) I've been trying my best to learn where everything is and Sister H is helping me the best she can, but it would be great to have a little extra help.
We haven't gotten any service opportunities from that lady yet, but we're planning on talking to the funeral homes this week and volunteering to speak at people's funerals if they don't have anyone. And today, we are also going to go and help one of our investigators pack up her stuff because she is moving soon.
Oh! Good news: We talked to S the other day, and we asked her to be baptized and she said yes! Her baptismal date is set for August 8. Hopefully we'll be able to help her progress more.
Y came to church again! We are trying to help her to recognize the spirit.
Missionary work is awesome! It is frustrating, emotionally and physically draining most of the time, but we are also seeing lots of blessings. The key is work! We've found that whenever we do work hard, there are little tender mercies that Heavenly Father sends our way. I am trying my hardest to be more focused on my purpose.
Missionary work is awesome! It is frustrating, emotionally and physically draining most of the time, but we are also seeing lots of blessings. The key is work! We've found that whenever we do work hard, there are little tender mercies that Heavenly Father sends our way. I am trying my hardest to be more focused on my purpose.
Tell grandma and grandpa Chatelain-and Lewis- that I love them and give them big big hugs for me. Also, hug Parker for me :).
Thanks for all your prayers and encouraging letters.
Love you all! Love, Sister Lewis
No comments:
Post a Comment