Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Lord's Work

July 29, 2013

Hi you all :) 

So this week we had the coolest experience ever with one of our investigators, Sister K. We met at her house to teach a lesson, and we asked her how her Book of Mormon reading was going and she said it was good. We talked about it for a little bit and then we started to teach her the gospel of Jesus Christ. We paused for a little, because Sister S asked her a question, and she was thinking about it. All of a sudden I felt prompted to ask her about how she was doing in praying about Joseph Smith and the things that we've taught her. And she told us that one night, when she was praying about Joseph Smith being a prophet, she said it was like this little light bulb turned on. She was struggling to describe it, but Sister S and I were just listening, waiting for her to figure it out. And finally she said, "So I guess I got my answer." 

I almost burst into tears, I was so happy for her. I realized that this is truly the Lord's work. We are just facilitators of the spirit. And it was amazing to me to hear about Heavenly Father playing such a personal and intimate role in the life of this lady. 

I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I wish that you could have seen it, because it was so cool. I can't even explain it right. 
But that was my cool story. Heavenly Father is working so many miracles here on my mission in Shepherdsville.

Mom - That is so cool that Alma 7:11-13 is a scripture mastery now!! I love that scripture and use it quite often when talking about the Atonement. Good luck with your memorizing

Dad - I am so glad to hear that you are liking Elder Bednar's book, "Increase in Learning". I don't know if you remember me telling you, but that was one of the required books for the history and philosophy of education class that I took last semester. Anyway, I know what you mean-it is CHOCK full of good stuff, so it does take a while to read.

Thanks so much for all that you do. I loved the pictures that you sent me of Bella, they made me giggle. I was actually hoping you would send me more of her, so you read my mind! 

I love you all so so much! I am praying for you all too. :) 

Love, Sister Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment